Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I'm a Pro!!!!


Well kinda. I'll explain. A couple of weeks ago Kristian came to me and said "Dad, you need to submit your sports photos to North Country Sports (a local sports newsgroup). Your pictures are so much better then theirs." I replied "oh yeah? What do you want?" Then this past weekend I was shooting Kristian's game and Liz made the comment that I should send them some of my work. Well, I did. I got a portfolio together and sent it to the owner on Monday. He called me at home last night and was impressed with my work and offered me a staff position. I get to work the games that fit my schedule and I can refuse any assignments if it conflicts the rest of my life. I have my first assignment today. I am covering a soccer playoff game. I'm so excited!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited also. So they have a website where we can go and view your published work.
I didn't know about the sports news, but have felt since I first saw some of your recent pictures that you needed to enter them in a contest or something. You ARE GOOD!!
Love ya,
Mom

Karla Porter Archer said...

that is so cool!!!! Congrats!

Blessings,
Karla

Karla Porter Archer said...

FYI --- you may want to put a watermark across your photos when you post them too. I see you often put an MAV on them.

Anonymous said...

Mark, this is so exciting! I'm proud of you. You DO take great pictures; your last set that you sent to me could be made into a beautiful calendar. Keep up the good work. And, yes, I do check your blog each day!!!

Hugs,
Mrs. W.