Monday, October 22, 2007

I Sure am Proud

I am proud of all of my children but I want to highlight Kristian briefly. Kristian is a Senior this year and has decided to try a couple of things that he has never done before.

I have NEVER thought of Kristian as a very artistically gifted person. However, He decided this year to give art a try. He is interested in marketing and felt that having some art background would help. WoW!! The boy can draw. He is amazing. He has already won a contest.

The second thing that Kristian did to surprise us was try out for the football team. Kristian is an athletic kid but he has never played football at ANY level before. He made the team and, while he doesn't see much game time, he has impressed the coaches and they all (Kristian included) wish that he would have played before because he would have been amazing. He got in during a close game against a rival school the other night and had a sack (for 15yrds) and a couple tackle assists.

It isn't the success that has made me proud but the fact that Kristian stepped out. He stepped out of his comfort zone and tried something new. Way to go Buddy!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a right to be proud of Kristian and he is to be congratulated for stepping outside of his comfort zone. This is a difficult thing for anyone to do; however, maybe it will be easier for him to do some new things in the future. Press on Kristian!

Mrs. W.

Anonymous said...

I don't know if Kristian has shared with you that the scripture that I pray for him is Phil 4:13. I pray daily that as Kristian relies more on God that he will realize that God will give him the strength to do whatever He has planned for him. Man will Kristian be surprised at just what he can do.
I will keep praying daily for his journey.
Love you all sooooo much.
Mom

Karla Porter Archer said...

awesome photos! And good for Kristian! I love that he was willing to go out and try something new.

The close up of Kristian looks JUST LIKE YOU!

Blessings,
Karla