Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Short but sweet


Liz's sister invited us to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family. So we packed our bags and headed South for a long weekend. When we go home, we usually stay with my folks. Mom and Dad have been very generous with their house and have a standing invite for us to stay there. When we stay there we don't see Liz's family much. Her family is usually working and we can't go to her father's house for too long because of health reasons.

We arrived at Mark and Theressa's Wednesday night and had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Liz's brother and his family and her father were over. We ate (too much) and laughed (never enough) all day. What a wonderful time.

Friday we went to Liz's Friend's house for a quick lunch and then headed over to my parents. We had a wonderful meal (mom you need to send me the recipe for the chicken). Then 13 of us played Bunko (actually 12 - mom was the referee/coach). We had so much fun. Dad was a hoot and I loved seeing him have such a great time with his grandkids. What a GREAT evening. I wish I could have seen more of them but this trip wouldn't allow for it.

We left Theressa's Sunday morning and had a beautiful trip back home. I am thankful for my family, my children, my wife, my parents, my brother and sister and their families, and Liz's family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right at the top of my things I am thankful for are our children and their families. I am very blessed and glad to get any time with all of you that I can get.
By the way, for kids who didn't think that they wanted to play bunko, they sure did have a good time.
We love you sooooo!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you had a great Thanksgiving; that is wonderful that you got to come home and visit with family and friends. Maybe the next time you head this way I will be able to see all of you.

Hugs,
Mrs. W.

Anonymous said...

Mark, WE (laurie,Emily,and myself) had a great time with you guys. Hope to do it again soon. Love Your Big Bro Mike

connielafaver said...

It was wonderful visiting with you that day as well Mark. We enjoyed our conversation with you too. When brothers and sisters in the Lord get together we just always have something in common. I enjoyed reading your site and it is wonderful seeing how much you love the Lord and your wife and children. I will stop in from time to time to see your posting. Have a great Holiday to all of your family. Be blessed Mark. Good luck on your upcoming event. We will be thinking of you often and you will be in our prayers when we think of it. Keep in touch.

Beck said...

It sounds like a wonderful time!

Sean said...

Say Mark,

Why haven't you posted? I am sure you have been busy during the holidays. Do you have anymore outdoor photos to show?

The Porter's miss you guys.

God Bless,
Sean
http://sean-servingchrist.blogspot.com/