Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Decatur

Meet Decatur. He is Kristian's Lab puppy. Kristian wanted a dog a year ago for his 16th birthday. The problem was and still is that we have 3 other dogs. This year, because our oldest dog was showing signs of "departure", we agreed to get him his dog.

Decatur is named for the town that my mother grew up in and my Grandmother still lives in, Decatur Alabama. Kristian thought that the name was cool and had some relevance.

Kristian is IN LOVE with his dog. I NEVER thought that I would see Kristian fall for anything so hard, let alone a dog. Decatur has brought our a trait in Kristian's personality that has remained hidden until now. Kristian will occasionally tell us that he loves us but showing it is another matter. Kristian LOVES Decatur. You can see it in how they interact. You can hear it in how he talks to him.

It is so amazing to SEE love from my 17 y/o tough guy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great to have you back with your blogs; I've missed them, but I know they take time to sit down and write. God bless all of your family. Decatur is a beautiful dog!

Mrs. W.