Tuesday, December 05, 2006

My Little Girl


My little girl is my oldest girl. She is our first born and for that she will always be my little girl. Kenz is a beautiful 17 y/o that has blossomed in the past several months. She has matured more in the last year than all the other years put together. She has become very compliant and obedient. I see so much more of a young woman in her now than ever before. She is finally getting this thing we call life. I am amazed and VERY thankful for all of the changes that God has made in her.

Mackenzie turns 18 the day after Christmas. Wow, time flies. She is doing very well in school this year. So far, all A's. She is overcoming dyslexia which continues to be a battle but she has not given up. She was honored in the 1st quarter this year as Student of the Quarter. She is in her second year of Childhood Education which is a curriculum that our school offers to those wanting to study to become a teacher. Last year she was granted an internship teaching Kindergarten. This is usually only awarded to "promising" second year students. She absolutely loves children and There is NO doubt that she will make a SUPER teacher. Liz and I are so proud of her.

This note in my blog was not prompted by any ONE thing. I just wanted to start honoring my children more. Over the next several days I hope to share with you the positives in my children's lives. I hope that you are able to see my children for what they are, GOD's blessings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have read this several times and am so excited about where Kenz is at this point in her life. She has always been such a joy in our lives. Love and thankfulness overflow.
Meme

Karla Porter Archer said...

she has truly grown into a lovely young woman (does that word, used to describe your daughter, freak you out??!!?)

So exciting to watch them all grow...

just sad we were so far apart for most of it...

Blessings,
Karla