Thursday, August 24, 2006

Northward Bound


Since birth, I have been Northward bound. Geographically I have continued from my birth state, Georgia, to Maryland, and now (WAY) Upstate New York. Yes there have been some side trips. But for the most part I have been Northward bound. I guess I've been traveling the same way in other areas of my life. Personally, I would like to think of myself as a better person today than yesterday. Matrimonially (if that is in deed a word), I know that I am a better husband today than yesterday. Parentally (even if my 5 children don't agree) I feel that I have made some progress. Spiritually, hmmm, now we have some problems. Seriously, like all other areas in my life, I have made progress. But like my life geographically, there have been many side trips and moves South. I hope to share with you, through this blog, my journey Northward. In all areas of my life. I will share my times with my beautiful wife, Liz. I will share my life as I attempt to lead 5 children (3 teenagers right now) to adulthood. I'll share my personal and spiritually journey as well. You will even be provided with a few side trips to our hobby farm, Birchwood Farm, where we have 26 chickens, 2 goats, 3 dogs, 2 cats (3 if you count the cat that was left by a stranger for us to take care of. I'll share my hobbies with you. This will be your opportunity to get a glimpse into my Northward Bound Life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mark. What a wonderful picture. As I reflect on this picture I think of the Royal Road, or the narrow what into the Kingdom of God. It is a symbol of life - this wonderful, beautiful, challenging life we live together. This road image also reminds me of the 23rd Psalm, "lead me in paths that come out right" ... that is God leads us on a narrow path that comes out to the beautiful lush pastures into God's presence. I'm sure I'll enjoy the journey as you share your stories, reflections and experiences in this blog.
Michael